FOR MICROGREEN, SALAD GREEN AND WHEATGRASS PRODUCTION
Our grow mats are designed for the hydroponic production of microgreens, salad greens and wheatgrass. Our grow mats absorb and retains water while providing an optimal environment for dense healthy root development. We currently offer several variants to cater to all growers:
BioStrate - Our blend of biopolymers and natural fibres is designed to manage water efficiently for optimal growth in a variety of hydroponic systems. BioStrate 185gsm is certified compostable*. However, it will maintain its structural integrity for the entire crop cycle and won’t clog filters.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Moisten the grow mat with mist or a quick dip in a water bath. Let excess water drain.
- Sprinkle seeds to the desired density, then mist. Our grow mats can support tightly packed seedlings.
- Place in germinating area for 48 hours or as needed.
- Our grow mats perform best when not overwatered. The amount of water will vary depending on the system and material used. The mat should be kept moist, not saturated. Water level should not be higher than the top of the medium. If water pools on the felt, reduce flow. Wool is harder to wet up and must be submersed initially.
BENEFITS FOR PLANTS:
- Holds the optimal amount of water
- Roots are stabilized
- pH balanced
BENEFITS FOR GROWERS:
- Compostable* (185gsm ONLY)
- Ready to plant, no pre-treatment required
- Easy to use
- Each pack contains 10 mats
- Mat size is 560mm x 200mm